Back to School

So we made it through the first week - back to work and preschool.  I am continually thankful for where I work and the wonderful people there.  They made this week a lot easier.  It also helped immensely that Henry's right down the hall in his preschool room...and I get to leave at 1pm, giving me my afternoon to hang out with the babe. 

Here's Henry, ready for his first day:
Off to school!

And here's the sign that greeted us on our way in to work:
Welcome Back!
So sweet, right?  Henry's done well this week.  His teachers are really nice and he gets lots of love and cuddles from them throughout the day.  He's had his moments of fussiness, but nothing out of the ordinary.  Each day this week (except for today), he's come home and played in his Pack 'n Play for almost an hour.  
Hanging out in mom's office just before heading to school.

Playing!
(Sorry for the lack of clothes.  We had just cleaned up from a little poop explosion.)

Then he eats and falls asleep.  I know he is worn out after the morning at school, but I think it takes him a little while to calm down.  So long as he's happy, I am happy.  I did tear up a little on Monday morning when I dropped him off, but it wasn't too bad.  And I can peek in on him any time I want.  I've been trying hard not to, but have snuck by just once each day.  The best is that he's greeted me with a big smile each time, so that is good for a mama's heart. 


The only downside to this week has been that Henry's caught his first cold.  It is nothing major, just some congestion and a little cough, but it is so pitiful because he's still so small.  Honestly, it doesn't seem to be bothering him much - he's his happy self - but you can hear his little sinuses rattling when he breathes.  This morning, after laying on his back all night, was the worst, so I did what any good first-time mother would do.  I made a doctor's appointment.  I knew it was probably just a cold, but I needed confirmation.  Plus, I didn't want it to move down into his chest or throat. Luckily, we have a great pediatrician and he checked him out, gave me a few tips to try and told me not to worry.  He also assured me that I was not being completely irrational in bringing him in.  At least I can go into the weekend and not worry.  Henry didn't mind the appointment and again, it was something that was good for a mama's heart.

Oh, and they weighed him while we were there.  This little babe weighs 13lbs 8oz now!  I knew he was feeling heavy!

One final thing from this first week at preschool...Henry created his first work of art!  He's quite the budding artist, no?

Look at those little Tar Heels!

Post a Comment