Happy Anniversary to Us!

This weekend, to celebrate our 4-year anniversary, Matt and I went to Blowing Rock.  It was an incredible weekend.  The weather could not have been more perfect and we did a lot of hiking and just really enjoyed the beauty that is the mountains at this time of the year.  Also, we stayed in a really awesome house with extraordinary views and lots of luxuries, so we truly were spoiled.  Matt and I both agreed that this was our best anniversary yet! 

We spent Friday at Grandfather Mountain.  The last time I was there, I was about 4 or 5 years old, and the weather was terrible.  We have a picture of me clinging to my dad's neck as we are going across the swinging bridge. I was hoping this would be the Grandfather Mountain redemption trip, some 20-years later...and it certainly was.  

Here we are below the infamous swinging bridge.  I have no idea why we are leaning like that!




We also had a chance to take in the little zoo that is there, which basically consisted of bears and an otter.  We arrived just in time to see them "enrich" the bears, which we thought meant feeding time, but which actually meant giving the bears some strawberry jello to play with.  Didn't seem terribly "enriching" to us.  Anyways, on Saturday, we headed to Moses Cone park, a beautiful national park with miles of hiking trails.  We hiked to the top of Flat Top Mountain, where Mr. Cone had built a tower long ago so that he could have a 360 degree view.  It was a gorgeous hike and although the tower was a bit sketchy, the view was spectacular.


Headed up the mountain.  I was feeling a little Sound of Music-ish at this moment.

The sketchy tower at the top.
Matt was not going to let go of those rails!
Saturday evening we had our official anniversary dinner at this awesome restaurant called Rowlands.  The food was delicious and we left there feeling quite full.  I only wish I could have complimented the food with a glass of wine.  But alas, it is far, far worth it to sacrifice that for this tiny pea that seems to still be growing.

All dressed up for dinner.


My favorite picture from the weekend.
 All-in-all, it was a wonderful and so hard to leave.  I still feel pretty much normal.  I've not had any real nausea and am still find myself questioning whether I really am pregnant.  But I know that those tests generally don't lie.  And I have had a few minor symptoms that indicate that I have not lost my mind.  I am around 6 weeks now.  Everything I've read still says its quite normal not to have morning sickness this early on, but as much as I know I might regret this, I really think I'd feel better if I would just get sick.  I did get the guts up to call the doctor and I have an appointment next Wednesday, the 15th.  I'll be about 7.5 weeks at that point, so hopefully there will be a heartbeat to hear!  I am both excited and scared, but ready to have some affirmation that I'm not crazy.  Tiny little pea, are you in there? 

Post a Comment