Water, Water Everywhere
So we had our first real experience in home ownership this past week. Last Tuesday, we had a lot of rain, and on Wednesday, Matt noticed that the "man cave" in our garage, had water coming in. The wall was wet, and it was leaking onto the floor at a pretty fast pace. We ripped up the carpet and tore out some of the dry wall and sheet rock and found that there was a lot of water coming in from somewhere. We just assumed, because of all the rain, we had a leak. Luckily, it was in our garage, so while it definitely did some damage, it wasn't nearly as bad as it could've been. Matt rigged up a system to catch the water and drain it out the garage via a garden hose, and truly, that saved us. Thursday, we called a guy to come out and take a look. He came out Friday, and as soon as he started digging outside our house, the water increased. It was pooling up right against our house. Also, on Thursday, we received a note from our utility company telling us that we must have a leak, because our water meter read was quadruple what it normally is. Put 2 + 2 together...we have leak in our main waterline to our house. At least at this point, we knew that it wasn't rain water and that we should shut off the water into our house. That abated the flood. However, that also meant that we couldn't flush the toilet, take a shower, etc. So, with the knowledge that the contractor would be back on Saturday to try and find the leak and repair it, we headed to the in-laws house for the night. I should've known better, but I really thought they'd fix it Saturday, and we'd be back in our house by Sunday. Ha.
| Exhibit 1: Man Cave |
| Exhibit 2: Part of the hole outside our house |
In other more-important/the-original-point-of-this-whole-blog news, I am feeling pretty terrible these days. But I know that is a good thing, right? The queasiness doesn't really go away anymore. Even eating only helps a little. (Which in some ways is good because I don't feel like I'm eating as much as I was there for a while.) But there is also little relief. Still no actual throwing up though, which I'll take. I go back to the doctor in 2.5 weeks. I am ready for that appointment. Then we'll know things are really on track, and we'll be able to tell our families, and I am just excited and ready for all of that. Like I said, I think Matt's family is suspicious. I think mine has no idea. Hopefully, they won't get any hints this weekend at the beach. I should be almost 8 weeks now...finally...a new week! I feel like we are making some progress. The secret is starting to feel more normal now though. I still think it's crazy that I'm pregnant, but I am starting to get used to the idea and I think Matt is too. Once we can tell the world, I think it'll feel really "real." It sort of the whole, "if a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it, does it make a sound?" thing..."if I am pregnant, but no one knows...am I really pregnant?" Of course I am....but it doesn't feel like it yet. Hurry up July 13!





Post a Comment