I Felt the Earth a Shakin'

Well, sweet babe, you just had your first earthquake!  We don't get many of those around here...in fact, this was also my first one!  Apparently there was a 5.9 magnitude quake about 40 miles outside of Richmond, VA at approximately 1:51pm this afternoon.  No worries though, everyone, including the Nannys and other family there, are all ok.  They could really feel it though - and it gave them a pretty good scare.  Things were knocking around and rattling in their cabinets!  As for me, I was sitting at my desk at work, and things just started rocking back and forth.  Honestly, by the time I had processed what might be happening, it was over - it lasted maybe 10 - 15 seconds.  I sat there for a moment, and then another lady in my office said, "Did you just feel that?"  No less than 5 minutes later, Facebook and then the news were going crazy with reports.  It was felt as far north as at least NYC and as far south at least as Myrtle Beach which is pretty crazy!  What a nutty thing to have happen. 

Oh, and there's a hurricane that might be on it's way to the NC coast this weekend.  Right now she's veering a little farther east though, so hopefully we won't be dealing with that!
Good times!  I'm just glad everyone is alright!

Post a Comment