Sah-woosh, Sah-woosh
"Sah-woosh, sah-woosh"...that is the sweet sound our babe's heartbeat made today at the calm rate of 150 beats per minute! We headed back to the doctor today for my monthly check-up and this was the first time it was big enough to actually hear the heartbeat on the doppler. It is still pretty small, so it took her a few minutes to find it, and while even though I knew things were fine, I sure was glad when we heard that "sah-woosh, sah-woosh" sound. 150 bpm is perfect according to the doctor and everything seems to be going along fine. The most exciting part of the appointment was when she told us that she was going to go ahead and schedule us in three-weeks for our big ultrasound! I was thinking that it would be mid-September before we had that appointment, but I am more than happy to have it earlier! She sounded confident that they'd be able to find out the sex of the baby then, so we are excited. I took the first appointment of the day (8:15am), knowing that I'd be worthless at work all day if I had to wait around until the afternoon for that appointment. So the big day is August 31! Ya-hoo! We are so excited. I just feel like so much planning can really begin once we know the sex. Names, nursery, etc. Ooooh, I can't wait!Otherwise, things are definitely improving as I am now in the first week of my second trimester. I am still a little nauseous in the mornings, but after that I feel fine. My back is hurting a little when I sleep (already!), but nothing that I can't handle. Matt and I actually bought new bedroom furniture this week, including a new mattress, and it will be delivered tomorrow, so maybe that will help. Regardless, we have been sleeping on some second-hand furniture that Matt bought off of Craigslist before law school, so I am excited to have the new things!
I think our babe might be on a little bit of a growth spurt this week, as my stomach is definitely growing. I wouldn't say I've "popped" yet, but it's getting closer. Perhaps I'll start posting pictures of that soon - once there is really something to see. I'm guessing in the next week or so there will be, and I am excited about that! According to my weekly emails, the babe is about the size of a lemon now, can make facial expressions and might even be sucking his thumb in there! I will laugh so hard if it is when we see it on the ultrasound in three weeks because I was a thumb sucker myself.
Anyways, today is a joyful day and full of excitement. I can't believe in just three weeks we'll (hopefully) know whether there's a little boy or little girl babe in there! I'm so excited to find out!





Post a Comment