Pink or Blue?

Pink!  Blue!  No, no, don't get too excited yet :)  We still have 2 more days before we (hopefully) know the answer to that question.  I am counting them down though.  And I'm not gonna lie, as I've said, I'm going to be pretty disappointed if they can't tell on Wednesday.  But they seemed certain they could, so I'm going to go with that until I find out otherwise.  A lot of people think it is a girl.  In fact, I don't think one person who has offered up their thought on the matter has said boy.  Isn't that funny?  Matt was convinced for a while that it was a girl.  Last night, however, he was having second thoughts.  I still have no idea.  I just want to know.  Sometimes, I find myself daydreaming about what it will be like to have a boy and other times it's about a girl.  There are so many fun things that come with both.  Wednesday really can't get here soon enough.

As for this past weekend...we survived Hurricane Irene.  Really, it didn't hit us all that hard, just some wind and rain.  The northeastern coastal areas really took a beating though - there is a lot of flooding and power outages there.  Even Richmond had a rough go at it.  Cous and Rob are still without power.  I am thankful that it wasn't any worse than it was. 

I've been feeling pretty well recently.  Still hungry, a lot.  Especially in the mornings.  Also, I've had a headache the past two days.  Just a dull one, but one that won't go away.  I can take Tylenol, but it didn't seem to really help, so I figure I'll just fight through it.  I didn't get many headaches before I was pregnant, but they do say it's a side affect (what isn't?!) because of the hormones and such.  I'll be glad to be rid of them  come February.  And my face still resembles 8th grade Kim with the zits and such.  Lovely.  Luckily, I was never prone to bad acne, so it is just here and there, but still....

As for the elusive bump - it's still, well, elusive.  I feel like I've looked the same for the past two weeks. And I feel like I've said this a million times, but...I know it's there, but depending on what I'm wearing, most people can't really see it yet.  They say that the babe will double in size over the next couple of weeks, so here's hoping things start to pop!  I'm still wearing my regular pants with the belly band, although I have noticed them getting tighter.  I guess it's pretty good to be 4 months (and 1 week!) pregnant and still fitting into your regular clothes, more or less, right?  I mean I can't button the pants, but I can still get them over my hips, so I suppose I should be happy :)

They also say that I might start to feel the babe moving around now. It is still too early for the kicks and movements to be felt from the outside, but they say that the mom can start to feel little waves inside that are the babe moving around.  However, they also say that many first-time moms miss this because they don't know what they're looking for.  I think I have felt it a few times, but it is hard to be sure.  I was sitting really still on the couch the other night and I felt a little "popcorn" feeling in my stomach - so very faint, but it was then followed by a little wave-like feeling, so I'm thinking that was the babe!  I felt it again the next night, again as I was sitting very still on the couch.  It is hard to be sure, but it is fun to think that I can feel it, and I definitely can't wait for when I can be certain that that is what I am feeling! 

The countdown to Wednesday is on!!

Post a Comment