Henry at 2

My last phone update for now.  Here are my thoughts on Henry at 2 years old.  He is just so much fun and so hilarious these days.  He truly is a treasure.

At two years.... You love to sing. You remember the words to songs easily and will sing the whole song through. A lot of times you wake up and start singing in your crib until I come get you. Also, you learn songs without me realizing it....all of a sudden you'll start singing a song we've been listening to on the radio. We have to really pay attention to what we're listening to! Some of your favorites are Jingle bells, ABCs, Zacheeus, Bears are Sleeping (preschool song) and many, many more. You know a bunch of nursery rhymes and love to recite them as well. Honestly, your memory is so good that it scares us sometimes. Another example of your memory... Today you brought home a bunch of Valentines from your friends at school. We went through the bag and as you took each one out I told you who they were from. Over two hours later, after your nap, you came back downstairs and proceeded to pick up each one and tell me who it was from! I had only told you once and yet, you remembered!

You are still an excellent eater and really love salads now.... Lettuce, cheese, cucumbers and tomatoes are your favorites. You eat cherry tomatoes like they are grapes! You also love chicken, pizza and hotdogs and you drink a ton of milk every day.

You are extremely active and do not stop until nap time/bed time. You still take your afternoon nap most days and you'll usually sleep for 2-3 hrs.

You love curious George, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and Little Einsteins. You also love to play with cars and trains and you love to carry things around in one of my pots from the kitchen or in a plastic cup.

You crack us up all the time with the things you say and while you are certainly a two-year-old and have your moments, as long as you're not tired or hungry, you are generally a really fun little guy who just wants to play and be social. I'd say you are an extrovert, like your mom and dad, and you love seeing your friends at school each day. We love you and all the joy and delight you bring to our lives!

You are so talkative. One of my favorite things you say is that you confuse "astronaut" with "restaurant." So on the way to eat you say, as you're looking out the window at the sky, "do you see restaurant, mommy?"  When you mean "astronaut."  When we get to the restaurant, you say, "We're at the astronaut, mommy?" I love it. Also, whenever you see someone, for example at a restaurant, you say, "you see little boy, momma?" "You see him?" Sometimes it is awkward,bc the person can totally hear you....the person who is a completely grown man. I try to reply with "I know, buddy. He's trying to eat his dinner too...just like us." But sometimes I can't help but laugh.

Oh, and you got put in time out at preschool the other day because instead of  singing the blessing,  "God our Father" you insisted on singing"Jingle Bells."

At your checkup you weighed 28lbs and were 36.25" long. You are still our tall and skinny little guy.

There is so much more I could say.  I wish I could remember all of the fun and hilarious things you say and do on a day-to-day basis, but I can't.   

Just know that we love you so much.

Happy Birthday, Henry!

Post a Comment