Old Man Winter

This will probably be my last "catch-up" blog. I think.

Old man winter has been particularly harsh this year.  We had two big snow/ice storms within two weeks of each other.  That is practically unheard of here in Fayetteville.  I can't remember the last time I saw so much snow.  School was closed for a whole week for each storm.  It was pretty ridiculous.  This was Henry (and James') first big snow.  It snowed just a little bit last year, but that didn't really count.  Henry could actually get out and play in it this time.  He was very weary of it the first time, but by the second storm he had the hang of things and was asking to go outside.  He loved being pulled around in the sled by Matt and eating icicles.  He didn't mind getting all bundled up to go outside each time and luckily I went to Target the morning before the first storm and bought him some snow boots on clearance.  We definitely got our money's worth from those! 

James mostly hung out inside.  I did take him out once.  He was hilarious all bundled up in this little suit that barely fit him.  Have I mentioned he's pretty big?  He is already wearing 6-month sized clothes and was two pounds heavier than Henry was at his 2-month check-up.  
This pretty much sums up how Henry initially felt about the first snow.  Poor little guy!

Family portrait on the deck.  (James was asleep inside.)

Icicles!

Going for a ride in the sled with Dad!

Can you spot James?

Much, much happier now!

We did start to go a little stir-crazy inside!

Munchkin man all bundled up.  He is about to bust out of that suit, but he is such a good sport!


 

Post a Comment