(Un)Luck of the Irish

I am so ready for summer!  Let me say that again, I am so ready for summer! Sickness struck our house again this past week. Poor Henry spent most of the week running a really high fever.  The doctor couldn't pinpoint exactly what was wrong, but put him on a broad spectrum antibiotic and finally, Tuesday night, the fever broke and he started to feel better.  I took him to school for half the day on Thursday and he returned for the full day on Friday.  He's still tired and has a runny nose, but thankfully he is on the mend.  So far James hasn't caught it, so here's hoping it stays that way!  I am tired of germs and cold and rain.  It is time for sunshine and fresh air and summer!

In other news, check out these cuties.  I actually bought holiday outfits for them for St. Patrick's Day...and of course Henry was sick, and we didn't leave the house all day.  Oh well, they were still cute.

 
 
 
Otherwise, James and Henry continue to grow and keep us very busy.  They are so much fun and so much work, all at the same time.  I think that probably is the case for parenthood in general.  James is growing like crazy.  He has his 4 month check-up next week.  He loves to "talk" and is doing great at school. His preschool teacher says that he is "so different from Henry."  I am not entirely sure what that means...haha.  My impression is that he is an all or nothing baby....meaning he is really calm and happy most of the time.  He's content to just lay there and smile at you and talk to you...as long as he can see you.  However, when he gets mad, he gets MAD.  It takes a lot for him to get upset (baths and putting on lotion seem to be the biggest triggers), but when he does get upset he goes all out.  Red face, loud screams and all.  He doesn't cry for long, but he can break your heart while he's doing it.  I don't remember Henry doing that.  He was more even keel.  I assume this is what his teacher is talking about, but who knows.  It will be interesting to see if that is his personality for his whole life. 
 
We've made some progress in sleeping again too.  He's made it until 5:45am - 6am the past few days.  Here's hoping it sticks this time.
 
Henry's currently in love with the moon.  He loves to look for it every time we're outside (even during the day.)  One of his favorite songs to sing is about the moon and one of his favorite books is Happy Birthday, Moon. He continues to crack us up with everything that he says.  "Oh boy, oh boy!" is one of his favorite phrases.  I don't know where he picked it up, but it is so cute when he says it.  He also LOVES playing outside.  Mostly he just likes to run around and pick up sticks and rocks.  There's a park nearby that has a nice toddler-size playground that he enjoys as well.  We're looking forward to the summer and lots of time outside.  I am hoping he'll really like the pool this summer too.  You never know.  He's still very opinionated.  One day he loves something, the next day he doesn't want anything to do with it.  Luckily, he loves it again just as quickly as he hated it, so I've learned to just keep trying. 
 
Two fun boys...two very busy boys...two tired, but happy parents.  :)

Post a Comment