Whew

Whew.  Ok, I think that more-or-less brings us to the present day.  Today is actually my first day back to work from maternity leave.  It was definitely much easier to go back this time.  I know James' teachers (same ones Henry had), I know he will be ok, and I am used to bringing someone to preschool with me every day.  It is still bittersweet, but my set up is so awesome that I know I can't complain.  I have only peeked in on James twice and he was happy both times.  He is such an easy going guy, that I know he'll be fine.  His teachers are great too and will give him lots of love.  Henry did fine too.  I've been bringing him to preschool this whole time, so honestly, I doubt he realizes anything is any different today.

It feels like I never left work.  Mostly, just jumping right back in the swing of things...it is a busy time because Lent starts this week which means there are a ton of events and activities coming up at the church, but I am glad for that.  Being busy is always better than not.  Plus, it makes the time go much faster.  My biggest worry about being back at work is wondering when I will have time to actually accomplish errands, like grocery shopping.  With just Henry, I could run somewhere when we left the church each day if I had to.  That is practically impossible with two.  While on maternity leave, I could just go in the morning.  Now, I have to be really intentional about doing things on the weekend...or I have to wait until Matt gets home at night.  It'll all work out, just have to get in the new routine.

I tried to take a picture of James on his first day of school.  He's totally bundled up in one.  The other is a bit awkward...

Sweet boy - first day of school!

A little awkward, but still so cute.  

And me and Henry, just for fun.
I promise to do better and try and update this blog regularly now.  I do love having a record of things to look back on.  I like to think of it as a "baby book" for the boys and a nice diary of our family and what we've been up to lately.  It is so easy to forget all of these precious moments!

Post a Comment