One month of James

Another catch-up note from my phone...

At your one month check- up (you were actually just over 5 weeks): weight-11lbs, 7oz (78th percentile)! Length -21 3/4" (although I don't think they got a great measurement- you are squirmy!) 53%tile.

Overall, you have been a great babe.  You are very chill and we joke that sometimes you cry just to remind us you are here. Clearly, you like to eat You're taking 4 ounces of formula every 2.5-3 hrs, even through the night. We've stretched to 3.5 hrs between nighttime feedings a few time, but mostly you are like clockwork. You'll be sound asleep and then right at 3 hrs, I 'll start to hear you squirming and moving around.

As I mentioned, you don't cry a lot. Mostly you squeak and grunt. You also have this little bird call that you do when you want our attention. It is precious.  For the first month of your life you were very content sleeping nestled in the boppy pillow and you spent a lot of time there... I think this helped your big brother with the transition because you were around, but didn't demand a whole lot of attention. He has done pretty well with you . You've only taken a train to your head once. He loves you...he's just (almost) 2.

You're not sleeping through the night yet (so hungry!), but you do rest between feedings and you 're starting to sleep pretty well between them. I slept downstairs with you the first few weeks, but you were so calm (and not a fan of the swing like your brother was), that I soon moved to the guest bed. You slept beside me in the boppy. Now you're in the pack n play by our bed. It works out great. We have certainly been tired this time around, but it is nothing compared to the delirium I felt with Henry. I think going straight to bottle - feeding has made a big difference in that.

We love you so much and it feels like you've always been a part of our family. Thank you for being so easy going and happy. Now we're just waiting for that first smile. They say it could be any day now:)

Post a Comment